In the early 1980s, L&S Electric started pioneering the idea of providing governor systems based on PLC technology from highly-reputable manufacturers. We believe that equipment based on standard, off-the-shelf components offer the best value for our clients for performance, expansion capabilities, and high availability of parts through multiple distribution channels.
L&S Electric has digital governor upgrade solutions with everything needed to upgrade any governor into a new high-performance digital governor: from a pre-engineered package for a cost-effective and expedient upgrade to custom solutions for the most demanding plants.
- MRT – Standard Configurable Digital Governor
- Pilot Controls Manifold
- Custom Specific Governor Systems
- LS-Config, Configuring Software
Low Pressure Retrofit Equipment
When upgrading a governor system to a digital controller, it is necessary to retrofit an existing system, using the following components:
- Electro-hydraulic Interfaces – Pilot Control Manifolds
- Servomotor Position Feedback
- Main Distributing Valve Retrofit Kit
In some cases, the existing low-pressure hydraulic system may still be in good condition, which can be further improved by any of the following retrofits:
- High-flow Pump Unloader Valves
- Hydraulic Pumping
- Duplex Filters and Kidney Loop Systems
- Air Admission Valve Assembly
- Brake Valve Assemblies
- Bushing and Plunger sets
- XX Pump Repair Kit
The L&S Electric distributing valves offer diverse levels of pressure and flow for the control of hydroelectric turbine actuators (SERVOS).
- Simple, elegant design with a successful track record
- Servo-Grade operation with Zero-Lap characteristics
- Timing control via locking nuts to ensure safety and repeatability
- Frequency response 4 to 5 times faster than old mechanical and analog governor systems
- Cost-effective spare parts
- Provision for mounting of valves assembled near or at servos for the best valve/hydraulic stability, and for the most cost-effective piping arrangement
- Maximum flow adjustment via solid locking nuts
- Valve porting can be specified to accommodate pressure and flow needs
- “A” and “B” ports (open and close control ports) can be reversed in the field if necessary
- No external pinch points
- “O” ring sealing for leak-free operation
- Safety shutdown systems
- Proportional valve shutdown upon power loss
- Fail-safe shutdown solenoid valve
Our Hydraulic Power Units (HPUs) are designed to meet your application needs, for either new installations or replacement of existing units. Following the IEEE-125 Standard, L&S Electric engineers the proper sizing of the hydraulics considering existing system information and/or new system requirements.
We provide both Oil-over-Air system, and high-pressure Nitrogen-Oil systems.
- Air-over-oil system
- HPU – N Series Nitrogen-oil systems
The digital governor controllers from L&S Electric have at least two redundant speed channels. First, they process the signal coming from the potential transformer (PT), secondly, they also measure the speed from pulses generated by Pick-ups. For the latter application, L&S Electric supplies a Speed Signal Generator (SSG).
For those application that may require a Mechanical-Hydraulic Overspeed protection, we also provide a Mechanical Overspeed Device