COMING SOON! AES-110
Advanced Excitation System
AES-110 Digital Excitation Control System by L & S Electric, Inc. provides up to 200 amps in one compact, high performing, highly flexible, cost-effective design for synchronous motors and generators. The modular design utilizes a proven, high performance, off-the-shelf, commercially available processor and I/O module system. The user-friendly LS-ACT commissioning tool and multiple remote communications options make it very versatile for a wide range of applications. The cost-effective system comes complete with a two-year warranty all backed by L & S Electric’s legendary service.
- Implementation of practical designs, control algorithms, and effective technologies developed by credible experts in the field of excitation
- Built with powerful open architecture industrial controllers
- Multiple communications platforms including Modbus and Ethernet IP
- Backed by a 2-year standard warranty
- Designed to meet IEEE 421 standards
- Cost effective PSS licenses, tuning and validation capability to meet regulatory agency requirements.
- Pre-defined mounting options for replacement of existing digital AVR’s from other manufacturers
- True RMS voltage and current sensing
- Cross Current Compensation (CCC) available with single phase sensing
- Voltage matching
- DC Field Current/Voltage sensing
- For use with bridges up to 200A
- Easy configuration and programming using LS-ACT commissioning tool
- User friendly interfaces include advanced monitoring and control features, tools
- PID Control with Dual Settings
- Auto & Manual Channels
- VAR or Power Factor control mode
- Step response utility for PID validation
- IEC-61131-3 Programming
- Internal auto / manual tracking
- Field Current or Field Voltage regulation (manual) control mode
- Rotating Exciter Diode Monitoring
- Soft Start Voltage Build-up
- Voltage Control Mode (Auto)
- Reactive Load Sharing via communications
- Local & Remote control
- System modeling and model validation
- Excitation system configuration, system protection and limiter setpoint calculation and coordination
- Installation engineering
- Customer witness Testing at L&S factory
- Customer training services on-site or in factory
- Turnkey installation/removal services
- L&S engineering and field service experts available 24/7 CONTACT OUR TEAM
Synchronous Machine Excitation Systems
From 1983 through 2016, L&S Electric provided system integration, sizing, assembling, installing and commissioning of over 275 excitation systems. These integrated excitation solutions were based on OEM components from existing and legacy excitation manufacturers.
In 2014, to complete our line of turbine and generator control products, L&S Electric invested in R&D and a laboratory to develop our own open architecture, modular, advanced voltage regulators and static excitation systems.
In November 2016, our AES Advanced Excitation System was successfully tested at the US BUREAU OF RECLAMATION Technical Service Center’s test lab in Denver, Colorado. IEEE excitation system models, functionality and hardware accuracy were all validated.
AES systems have been in commercial operation since May of 2017. To date, we have sold over 100 AES excitation systems on synchronous machines (gas, steam and hydro turbine units and motors)
Excitation system challenges and solutions
- Typical challenges with legacy excitation systems:
- Need for operations flexibility as renewables are added to the generation mix
- Need for reliable voltage and VAR control
- Unit availability may be adversely affected by unscheduled downtime due to unreliable equipment
- Legacy systems may not meet current regulatory agency performance requirements
- NERC VAR-001 voltage reactive control
- NERC VAR-002 voltage schedule
- NERC VAR-501 power system stabilizer
- NERC MOD-025 MOD-026
- OEM replacement parts are expensive or not available
- OEM service is expensive or not available when needed
- Legacy technology does not have communication capabilities or diagnostics for troubleshooting
- Evolving workforce, personnel resource constraints
- L&S solutions
- Over 30 years of experience designing, system integration, sizing, assembling, installing and commissioning of excitation systems for small to large generating units
- Exciter design is based on commercial-off-the-shelf open architecture hardware that provides a flexible and cost-effective alternative to the proprietary systems.
- Cost effective spare parts are available via multiple channels.
- Designed with proven technologies and validated IEEE models that meet or exceed industry standards.
- User-friendly interfaces include advanced monitoring and control features.
- Cost-effective PSS capability to meet regulatory agency requirements.
- True redundant controllers and/or bridges available for critical applications.
- Built-in diagnostics allow you to service equipment down to the module level with your in-house resources.
- Knowledgeable staff that takes the time to understand your specific situation and recommend practical, cost-effective solutions.
- Value-added engineering services available.
- All backed by Legendary L&S service!
- Test lab available for full dynamic testing (offline and online) and simulation of entire excitation system (controller and power sections)
Service & Quality
- Dedicated project team and PMI methodology ensures solutions are delivered on time and budget
- Design, manufacturing and integrated factory testing all under one roof to allow for efficient, high quality, controlled solutions
- Certified to ISO 9001 Quality Management Standards
- Manufacturing facility is certified to UL® 508
- Committed to our customers with Legendary Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Value & Reliability
- Focus on the total cost of ownership
- Designs are based on commercial-off-the-shelf open architecture hardware that provides a flexible and cost-effective alternative to the proprietary systems
- Cost-effective spare parts that are available via multiple channels
- Designed with proven technologies and validated IEEE models that meet or exceed industry standards
- User-friendly interfaces include advanced monitoring and control features
- Built-in diagnostics allows the equipment to be serviced down to the module level with in-house resources
Synchronous Machine Excitation Systems for AC synchronous generators and AC synchronous motors
- AES Advanced Excitation System
Value Added Excitation System Services
- System modeling, model validation
- Excitation system configuration, system protection, and limiter setpoint calculation and coordination
- Installation Engineering
- Mark up of existing customer drawings (by hand or electronically)
- Specify cabling for scope of supply
- Installation wiring to/from list (Excel spreadsheet)
- Customer witness testing at L&S Electric Factory
- Customer training services at site or in factory
- Turnkey installation/removal services – utilizing local contractors and L&S Electric supervisor
- Recommended spare parts
- Customizable after-sale service contracts
Hydroelectric Power Generation
- Digital Hydraulic Governors
- Digital Excitation Systems
- Unit and Plant Control Systems
- Protection Systems
Fossil Fuel Power Generation
- Digital Excitation Systems
Municipal and Heavy Industrial
- AC Synchronous Motor Excitation Systems
OEM Panel Manufacturing